Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quick Update

Elise has been asleep for awhile and Mike just fell asleep on the couch, so I'm going to give you a quick update. He arrived on Tuesday morning. As Elise and I walked into the Killeen airport, Mike was coming down the escalator (his flight arrived a little early and between Elise peeing on me and then pooping in the bathtub, we were a few minutes later than planned)! It was perfect timing. I will never forget his smile. Elise LOVES her daddy and took to him right away. She gave him a bunch of smiles and refused to get back in the carrier because she wanted him to carry her to the car. She immediately started pointing to Mike if I said "Where's Daddy?" Tonight she pointed to him and said "dada" for the first time in person. It was so cute!

We've had a great time just hanging out and playing. Elise has really picked up the walking in the last 2 days. Such a showoff for Daddy! She can walk around corners, around obstacles (toys) on the floor, and from room to room. Of course, she occasionally loses her balance so we still walk right behind her if she takes off in a random direction. In the last two days she's walked from the fireplace to the refrigerator, from the coffee table to the washing machine, from the glider in her room to the Christmas tree, etc. She stands very well on her own when she wants to.

Boss was also thrilled to welcome Mike home. I took Boss outside while Mike got Elise out of the car. When they came in, M&E hid in the bathroom while B&I played the "Where's Daddy?" game. Boss was a little confused at first and then started sprinting and hopping around the house until he found them in the bathroom.

We look forward to 2 more weeks together!








9 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! So happy for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tears reading this post, so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy for you guys Steph! I know how precious these two weeks are. I havent done a deployment with Aubrey yet so when that time comes I am going to need your wisdom!! Thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph - enjoy these 2 weeks with your family! I absolutely love that last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me cry!! So happy for you guys and so glad that Elise took so well to her daddy! Hope these 2 weeks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that she decided to show off for Mike! :) So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks so much for posting. I've been praying for y'all! Praise God for this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tears! So happy you're all together for a while!! Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special family! Have a great 2 weeks together!

    ReplyDelete