Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need an extra set of hands

... to take a good walking video. I have been trying for 2 days and it is nearly impossible! I set the camera up and then she walks in a different direction than I anticipated. This time I tried to bribe her by getting her to walk toward the camera, and it worked! In this video, she walks from the entertainment stand to the coffee table (about 7 feet, according to my volleyball net measuring skills). Elise has been attempting to walk from furniture to furniture, toys, Boss, etc. She is quite fearless and I am shocked that we haven't had any bruises yet. This is probably because I don't leave her side, haha. She's good at lowering herself down from a standing position. Once she learns not to speed up when she gets excited, she'll be good to go. Tonight when we were getting ready for bed, she would crawl over to her basket of books, pick one out, pull herself up on the ottoman, hand it to me, and then walk to me. We repeated this for about 5 different books. She is very proud of her new skill.

Elise walking from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment