The doctor thinks she is having some stomach issues stemming from the vomiting incidents last month. She's not been crazy about solids ever since then and the last 3 nights, she's woken up around midnight screaming hysterically. Nothing will calm her down... she isn't hungry, doesn't want a teether, doesn't want to be rocked or walked around the house... nothing. I just have to wait for the tylenol to kick in and she's good for the rest of the night. She doesn't have a fever or an ear infection. He thinks there may still be some bacteria in her stomach that is causing all of this, so he advised me to give her just yogurt and cereal for a few weeks and see how that goes.
Elise has also decided that she is too big for a bottle. I try to give her one every now and then to make the pumping worthwhile. Tonight was the night. She did some crazy crunches trying to sit herself up while drinking from the bottle, so I decided to pour the milk into her straw cup and see what happened. It took her about 30 seconds to shift gears from bottle to straw, but then she happily sat in my lap and gulped down the rest of her milk from the cup. What a big girl!
My Beco baby carrier should be arriving tomorrow... I am so excited! I broke out the Baby Bjorn yesterday and it turns out that I can't snap the top part over her shoulders anymore. She's getting so big!
Finally, here are the fun facts for the month. I'll be impressed if you make it through the whole thing, unless you are Mike :) I made lots of extra notes for him. I love you, honey!
At 8 months, Elise…
-Will turn around while sitting or on tummy to get to me or a toy, will reach for me when she wants to be picked up
-Will do the splits and chew on her toes (my best picture is blurry, argh!)
-Will get on all fours by herself from her belly
-Will drink out of a straw cup (she figured this out on her own in about a minute... I was so impressed!)
-Will get frustrated if she can’t figure out how to scoot herself forward to get a toy, previously, she didn’t really care, she’d just roll over and find something else to do
-Loves to make the “ieeeeeeeee” sound
-Says mama, dada, baba, lala, oioi, guyguy, bubba, gigi and experiments with the p and k sounds
-Will get into a crawling position from sitting, but then sit right back down... chicken!
-Gets almost all finger foods in her mouth on the first try
-Prefers nursing to solid food
-Wears 12-18 month clothes from babyGap/Old Navy (except she can still wear her 6-12 month dresses)
-Will play independently either sitting with toys or rolling around the floor... here is her new way to play with the activity gym...
-Objects when you leave her sight or when you take something away that she really wants (camera, cell phone, keys, sunglasses, etc)
-Loves boss... he always gets a smile or giggle
-Has an excellent pincer grip... yesterday she knocked a puff off of her tray and was able to pick it up from her lap and eat it
-Examines toys very carefully and doesn't immediately stuff them in her mouth
-Doesn’t spit up anymore
-Knows that objects are still there if you turn her around so she isn't facing them... she'll turn herself back around and look for them (the remote, camera, and cell phone are her favorite prohibited items)
-Goes into 'sleep mode' whenever she gets in her crib at naptime or bedtime... it is wonderful!
-Decided that there is too much going on to take naps in the church nursery... this will make our Sundays very interesting.
-Will sometimes wave bye-bye or hi... we practice a lot :)
-Sticks her tongue out and plays with her teeth
-Still loves to stand up... now she thinks she is a big girl and only holds on with one hand at a time...
My bet is that her first word will be some variation of 'puppy'. She LOVES her Bossman, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. The orange toy she is playing with is actually his... he brought it to her to play fetch.
And finally, here are some pictures of her with Mike's sister Jennifer, his brother Ben, and Ben's girlfriend Kara.
I'm not quite sure how to explain these pictures. Elise is wearing an outfit that Mike wore at almost 2 years old. Mike and Ben have always given their mom a hard time about these green velvet jumpers, so Ben decided to make Mike a proud father of his green-suited little girl. Elise is obviously happy to be wearing this outfit.
Happy 8 months, sweetheart! Mommy and Daddy love you!

I read the whole thing, and I am not Mike. :)
ReplyDeleteMaddie picked up very quick drinking out of a straw too-its still her favorite type of cup! I can't believe Elise is big enough to do that already. Sundays are always hard on Maddie too!
ReplyDelete