... baby things that I'm glad I don't have to live without! I'm going to try to narrow it down to my top ten baby things for this point in our lives. Elise will be 8 months old next week. I actually linked them to a place where you can buy them/read other reviews. In no particular order...
1) Ergo Baby Carrier
Ok, so I loved my Baby Bjorn Air Carrier. It is still in perfect condition and I will love it again for a future baby, but once Elise reached 19-20 pounds, my shoulders started getting knots in them. I think next time I will start using the Ergo around 18 pounds. Anyway, she's over 20 now and therefore heavy to carry around... but not when I am using the Ergo! It can go on the front, back, and hip. The main drawback is that the baby can't face out like they can in the Baby Bjorn, but Elise doesn't seem to mind. I've only tried her in the front position because the back position seems like it would be hard for me to do by myself. The hip position requires some re-threading of straps and I just haven't taken the time to set it up. I bought the dark chocolate one. It is an excellent product. I can see it doubling as a backpack carrier for hiking.
2) Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo OR Exersaucer
I have both of these and I bought them both used. I really don't need them both, but it is nice to have 2 when friends are over to play. Elise loves them. If I could only have one, I think it would be the Jumperoo because she LOVES to jump. However, as she's gotten older, the Exersaucer's toys have become quite enticing. Either way, these are the fallbacks for distracting her if she is bored or fussy or is wanting attention when I need to be doing something like eating, showering, etc. I actually only use them when they are "needed".
3) RazBerry
She loves these teethers. I have about four of them. HEB carries them as well. She actually gets excited when she sees them.
4) Sophie the Giraffe
Boss ate the original Sophie (she was a gift) but I decided to buy one later on because I had heard so many great things about them. She loves to chew on it and hold it and sometimes manages to squeak it too. This is a perfect toy for stuffing in the diaper bag or leaving in the car.
5) Britax Boulevard CS Convertible Car Seat
I love this car seat (minus the fact that the cover is boring but hey, it matches my car). She seems so comfortable in it and I love that her head rests comfortably on the wings when she is asleep. It doesn't fall forward at all (unlike some other car seats that have been recommended to me). The seat cover is very plush and comfortable. It doesn't feel "cheap" like some other car seats. It is very easy to transfer to another vehicle.
6) Beaba Babycook
I have really enjoyed making baby food for Elise and it is way easier than I had anticipated. I have actually used the Babycook to make food for myself! You steam and puree the food in the same container so you have fewer dishes to wash. I believe it only holds 2 or 3 cups, but it is very easy to make 2 batches of something if you want more. I will make mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes in here from now on. I also enjoy making applesauce. It is a great little dessert :) This gadget is pricey but I will be using it for years to come (and it will be cheaper than buying baby food).
7) Stacking cups
This is the link to my mom's favorite cups. She is so proud of them that I know she will want them advertised! Really, any cups will work. Elise is obsessed with knocking over stacks of cups. If I take a Razberry, Sophie, and a few cups in my diaper bag, she is good to go for hours. A bonus... they must be yummy because she loves to chew on them.
8) Gro Baby Diapers
Ah... I love my new diapers. The only bad thing is that occasionally I will forget to put them in the washer or dryer and will have to use a few disposables until they are dry. I've been using them for nearly 3 months and have had zero blowouts. In that time, I've had quite a few blowouts using disposables (even though she started on solid food). You have to change them more frequently than a disposable, but they don't have the chemical urine smell of a disposable. I never noticed this smell until I started using cloth. I also think the cloth diapers are way cuter :) I have snap closures on all of my diapers and they are actually easier to put on a wiggling/rolling/foot-grabbing baby. I know which snaps to fasten and I can be sure that the diaper will stay on correctly, unlike the closures on velcro diapers or disposable diapers. Feel free to ask if you have questions about them.
9) Bebe au Lait Nursing Cover
I actually have two of these. I keep one in the living room and one rolled up in the diaper bag. It is large enough that as hard as she tries, Elise hasn't been able to expose us. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed on that one. They have a lot of cute prints :)
10) Pottery Barn Kids Canvas Toy Bucket
I have a medium light pink canvas bucket for Elise's toys. It is the perfect height for her while she is sitting. She likes to pull the bucket over so that the toys spill out. I want to get another one but I can't decide if I should go one size up :)
Honorable Mention: Baby Bjorn Babysitter 1-2-3
I love this bouncer. In her newborn days, Elise took many naps in this. I love how it is made so that the fabric cuddles her when she's in it (instead of already being shaped). Hopefully that makes sense. Anyway, at almost 8 months, she still enjoys playing in it while I take a shower. I keep it in the bathroom and use it when I take a shower. She loves to 29 lbs
If you've made it this far, I am impressed! Today Elise has made more progress with her "scooting" and has figured out that she can push off of the floor and move forward to get something that is out of her reach. Scary! :)
I love your lists and reviews...keep posting them! I meant to tell you that I did a "trial run" with my cloth diapers the other day, they were both dirty, and I couldn't even smell it when Ezra dirtied them. I can usually tell if he's got a dirty diaper if I'm in the same room as he is. So I am a believer! Now, we just have to wait until he doesn't go through diapers so quickly...
ReplyDelete