Tuesday, June 9, 2009

White Noise Machine

I just have to share about the white noise machine that I just bought for Elise. She had a crazy 4 month growth spurt (2 1/2 weeks of eating more often during the day and waking once at night to eat). I thought I was going to go crazy after having lost the fabulous schedule and routine that I had worked so hard to get! Anyway, during that time I ordered the Marpac SleepMate 980A and it came a few days ago. She was already back to normal and sleeping well again when I got it. However, I've noticed that she falls asleep faster for naps and at night than she did with just silence. I try to always lay her down while she is still awake. A bonus... I can hear it over the monitor and I have slept really well the last few nights! Since Mike left I hadn't been sleeping as well... same thing happened during the last deployment. Anyway, at $50 it's kinda pricey for a little box but I would buy it again... wish I would have had it from the beginning.

Now, if they only made a machine that would chill, retrieve, and hold teething rings in place, I would be set! Here is a recent picture of my teething beauty. She's 4 1/2 months old and nearly 17 lbs and 27 inches.


And just in case you are keeping up with the score, I believe it is now Supremes 9, Elise 2. We had two lovely "accidents" during our weekend trip to Dallas. Pictures and stories to come soon (of the trip, not the poops...)!

1 comment:

  1. She's precious, Steph! Perfect combo of you and Mike. :)

    ReplyDelete