Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Part 1

Elise and I traveled to Austin to spend a few days with my family and Mike's family. On Wednesday, I went with Kara and Jennifer to buy the bridesmaid dresses for Kara and Ben's wedding in May. They are so pretty! I'm excited to wear it (and I will definitely wear it again!).

We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and grandparents and Elise got to open her very first present from my grandparents. It was a little house by Haba and she loves it! There are little finger puppets that fit inside as well as a wooden person with a little wooden car. It is a really cool toy and she will enjoy playing with it for a long time.


The camera caught this toy in midair...


This morning we celebrated Christmas with my parents and brother. Elise had a lot of fun with some new toys and a set of wind chimes! She LOVES the wind chimes on their back porch and always points to them when she is outside. She gets a sheer look of delight on her face when she hears them.

Looking at the tree



Come on in!!!


Mega Bloks wagon from Mimi and Pop. There is a little bus that goes with it, too!


More Mega Bloks from Bryan


Bear from Mimi and Pop



Some stocking toys


Then we headed to Lockhart to see my dad's side of the family for lunch. Tonight we are going to have dinner with Mike's family. We are saving our family and Mike's family Christmas celebration for January when Mike is here. I have already picked out the toys that we/Santa are going to give Elise and I am so excited to see her open them after he gets home.

She's been practicing her walking and talking over the last few days. Today she took several steps in front of the crowd (twice!) at my grandma's house and received much praise in return. She LOVES to point at things and I usually say something like "look, there's the ____" when she does it. At the Christmas Eve church service last night, she pointed to a tree and said "look!" We will add that to the word list. She has repeated 'tay' or 'table' several times but hasn't said it yet without repeating after someone else. I haven't been counting something as a word until she's used it a few times without me saying it first (does that make sense?). She did another cute thing this morning in the bath tub. She was holding a few of the cups from these bath toys:

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Bath-Toy-2d-Caterpillar/dp/B000V9A2S0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1261779251&sr=1-9

One of them has a little spinner in the cup. She was holding it and I asked her to spin the cup, and since she had cups in both hands, she placed the cup in the water and took her little finger and started spinning it. So cute!


I am looking forward to starting some Christmas traditions with our little family next month. What are your favorite family traditions?

1 comment:

  1. I am OBSESSED with not only these cute pics of precious Elise, but how sharp your camera took them. I think you have sold me on getting one!

    ReplyDelete