Elise - an unconventional use for the walker from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
I have found her in the craziest positions lately. I let her have free reign in the kitchen and living room and she loves to explore. She won't leave those areas unless I leave them, in which case she will follow me to the bathroom, laundry room, etc. She has also been imitating my actions more frequently. The top of her walker has a hole that creates noise when you drop an object through it. She watched me pick up a ball and put it through the hole and then tried to do it herself a few times. What a big girl!
The napping issue has been solved. I just needed to put her down a little earlier in the afternoon (about 2-21/4 hours after she wakes up from her morning nap) and she doesn't feel the need to explore in her crib and then scream because she wants me to come lay her back down. This has worked for 4 days in a row. Yippee!
She still creeps most of the time, but if she wants to move somewhere from the sitting position she will usually crawl (at least for a few feet).
She has a mild upper respiratory infection and the last few nights have been a little rough because she had a hard time breathing. I had a humidifier for the second night and that helped a little (thanks, Mimi!). Today she seemed completely normal aside from the occasional cough.
She loves to cruise over to the back door to look outside.

She creeped under the Leapfrog table to get to the walker and then I had to rescue her because she didn't have enough room to pull up or turn around.

This looks like an "I didn't do it" face. She loves to walk behind the couch. If Boss isn't careful, his feet/tail/ears get pulled in the process.

She was actually looking at Mike on the computer when I took this picture. Isn't that sweet?! He witnessed her first experience with Chipotle. She loved it but it was VERY messy!

I had to put this picture in to add some scale to the rest of them. This shows how tall she is when she is cruising around. She has added walls into her repertoire as well as the unconventional walker use, so she can get practically wherever she wants to go! Scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment