Sunday, October 4, 2009

Elise update


Her fourth tooth popped through today, so now she has two on top and two on bottom. You can see the right one in this picture. She looks so much older with them! She's been getting better and better with walking along the coffee table, though I stay close by just to make sure she doesn't bite it. Even though she isn't crawling on all fours, she was creeping fast enough to be kicked out of the infant Sunday School class this morning. She is excited to join her buddy Josiah in the crawlers' class next week. She will take up to 2 crawling "steps" at a time before she plops down to her belly and scoots like a little inchworm :)

She is extremely talkative and loves to babble and just make noises. Here is a conversation we had on Saturday:

Me: "Ma ma"
Elise: "Ma ma"
Me: "Good girl! Ma ma!"
Elise: "Ma ba ba"
Me: "Ma ma"
Elise: "Ma ba ba"
Me: "Ma ma"
Elise: "Ba ba ba ba ba ba BA BA BA BA BA"

I'll take what I can get.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tooth!

    I need to work on the 'Mi' sound with her ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I heard in a sermon one time that the first sound kids can make is the "abba" sound, which is cool since that's the name for "father" in Hebrew or Greek or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's getting so big! I love the picture, she is full of character.

    ReplyDelete