Pros:
*She lays her head on the side head rests to sleep... no forward head flop like I have seen in other convertible car seats. Her Chicco Keyfit infant carseat was also great to sleep in... she never did the head flop there either.
*The velcro tabs that hold the harness straps back are ingenius! I wish her infant car seat had these. I think I will create my own with the second child.
*The protective fabric around the buckle keeps the buckle from digging into her chunky thighs.
*The fabric is quite plush and soft. You can remove the cover and wash it in the washing machine (well, theoretically this would work, but my washing machine happens to be broken... more on that later).
*It reclines enough for her to sleep comfortably but sits upright enough for her to look around.
Con:
*Price... it was $264 including tax and shipping and a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. Hopefully we will be able to use it for a long, long time :) It goes up to 35 lbs rear-facing and 65 lbs forward-facing.
Sometimes I still long for cowmooflage... maybe I'll put the cowmooflage cover on my Christmas list. JK, I think...
Here is another cute picture of my baby girl. My mom originally had this large pack-in-play at her house but brought it up here last week. Thanks, Mom! Elise loves playing with the toys on the sides and staring at the floor. I am planning to give her some "playpen time" every day so that she gets used to being in it when she starts crawling. So far, she loves it... and to think that I was hesitant because I thought it was an eyesore...
The car seat looks comfy! I still kind of wish we would have gone with Britax, back when we bought Mallory's first convertible seat. The one she has now will last all the way through a backless booster.
ReplyDeleteThe play pen idea is great! I used to give Mallory "crib time" with some toys and books, when I took a shower and got ready in the mornings. There were some mornings she was in there for an hour, and totally happy! I loved it:)