Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy almost 7 months!

Elise will be 7 months old on Sunday. Here are 7 things about her at this age:

1. She is between 19 and 20 pounds and over 28 inches long. She is already bigger than her mommy was at 1 year old. She has her two lower middle teeth. She still nurses 5 times a day and eats solids twice a day. She gets 1.5-2 oz at each solid feeding. Her favorite foods are oatmeal and sweet potatoes. She hates fruit.

2. She loves to wave her arms around and has figured out how to make noise when she claps.

3. She will stand holding on to the furniture or mommy's leg. She sometimes forgets that she has to hold on, so mommy stays within reach.

4. She will really move to get to a toy. She will get on her belly from sitting up and roll to get a toy that she really wants. No crawling or scooting other than a few inches to reach a toy. She is very graceful when she rolls.

5. She babbles quite a bit. Her favorite phrases are dadadadada, mamamama, babababababa, wawawawawawa, and oioioioioioioioi. She will say dada and mama but definitely prefers dada.

6. She is still a great sleeper. I can only remember 2 times in the last month and a half that she has woken up in the middle of the night. This morning she woke up at 9:08 :) She is also a very good napper and rarely fusses for naps or nighttime. She takes two naps that are about 1.5 hours each.

7. She also loves to play with toys, swim, be tickled, bounce on the bed, play peekaboo, giggle, talk, and watch her puppy run around.

She is a great baby and we are so thankful for her! Here are some recent pictures:

Playing in the playpen

Last ride in her infant carseat

Enjoying her big girl carseat
Smiling at mommy

Also, I've been meaning to post an update to the saga from Sunday night.

The fireants departed for a few days and then returned this morning. I honestly think I squished 400 of them today. So far they have not made it to any part of the house except my closet and the bathroom. I am almost out of tape again.

The car has been fixed and the check engine light has not come back on, so I am assuming that all is well.


To my knowledge, Boss has not chewed up anything since Sunday.

Elise finished her growth spurt and is back to normal.

A new washer was delivered on Tuesday, leaked, and was fixed on Wednesday. I love it so far. It is an LG and was highly rated on Consumer Reports and several other websites. It will make my cloth diaper laundry easier because I can program extra rinses, etc. Now I just need to break the dryer so that I can have a matched pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment