We had a great day yesterday spent eating, walking around, driving around, and getting groceries. Apparently Elise thought she needed to add a little excitement into the trip. Last night, about an hour after she went to sleep, she woke up and was not happy. My dad and brother were babysitting while my mom and I walked around and went to watch the sunset over the lake. Well, my dad got her up and about 5 minutes later was covered in vomit. My brother tried to call us and of course both phones were in the cabin. By the time my mom and I got back to the cabin, she had thrown up a few more times. This continued several more times over the next half hour. By that time (10pm-ish local time) she was lethargic, cold, clammy, and not interested in eating, so we took her to the emergency room. We didn't have to wait too long, but by the time the nurse checked us in, Elise was giving half-smiles. When she got into a room, she was babbling, smiling, cooing, and kicking her legs on the bed. Then she finally decided she was hungry again (after several attempts and no luck) and then just wanted to play in the hospital. We waited for the doctor to see her and he said she looked fine and just to make sure she nursed often so that she wouldn't get dehydrated.
We arrived back around midnight local time (really a quick round-trip for an ER visit). She ate again and went to sleep. She is sleeping in my room and so I heard her stirring a few hours later and decided to wake her up to eat. After that, she was NOT okay with being put back in the pack and play, so she got to snuggle with me. This morning she slept until 10:30 Texas time and is currently down for her first nap. She seems totally fine today, so we are just going to take it easy and not give her any solids today. Thanks to my mom, dad, and Bryan for helping with a sick baby.
Here are some pictures from my mom's camera. I didn't bring my camera cord so I won't be able to upload any of my pictures until I get back. I will be spending the next few days in refreshing weather going on a boat ride around Lake Tahoe, exploring/hiking, and going to the spa. No need to be jealous.
Looks like you are having so much fun - minus late night emergency room visit. Good for you for her out there and traveling!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip and definitely squeeze in some R&R for me.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness she didn't puke on the plane!! That would not be fun. What a relaxing place to be right now. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteOh no, I'm so sorry you had to take Elise to the emergency room! Glad she's o.k.! John has been a little distraught at not getting to see her for so long, so we'll have to plan something for next week.
ReplyDelete