Now on to the baby items for this week.
Chicco Cortina Travel System in Discovery
I chose this travel system because I liked the colors and because the Keyfit carseat was the highest rated in Consumer Reports. Hindsight being 20-20, I wish I would have gotten the Keyfit 30 carseat/stroller combination because I think Elise is going to outgrow this carseat before she is a year old. It is only good up to 22 lbs, whereas the Keyfit 30 is good for 30 lbs. The con is that the Keyfit 30 requires a larger stroller, and I have a hard enough time getting our stroller in and out of the car trunks anyway. I do think the Chicco base attaches more easily to the car than the Graco bases that I have seen. So, I would definitely choose the Chicco carseat again, but I wish I had the Keyfit 30. Here is hoping her growth slows down!
Here is her first outing (other than to the doctor) on day 5. Pardon the tummy :)

Chicco Lullaby LX Playard in Discovery
I chose this playard because I liked the colors and because it was also the top-rated in Consumer Reports. It is very easy to assemble and disassemble. It is very sturdy. Elise slept in this in our room for the first week before we moved her into her crib. She has slept in 3 different "pack-n-plays" for multiple nights and this is the only one that she has slept in all night without waking up (aside from week 1, of course!) It has a bunch of extra features that may or may not be useful. I don't like the way the mobile attaches and therefore we haven't used it. I do like the fact that it has a nightlight that can be activated by remote. This was useful when she slept in our room and I wanted to check on her without turning on a light. I would definitely choose this playard again. I plan to start using it as a playpen as well.
Stay tuned next week for a review of Baby Bjorn products!
I can't leave you hanging without a diaper update...
I love my new Gro Baby cloth diapers. They are GREAT. Yes, it takes a little more work to get the poop out of the diaper before you wash it and I have to do an extra load of laundry every other day, but it is worth it for me to know that I won't have to get poop stains out of her clothes! In the last week, she has had 3 blowouts in disposable diapers and 0 blowouts in her new Gro Babys. She has pooped in them 5 times. I ordered more and they should be here any day now and so I'll be able to use them full time. I also love that the diapers (including the diaper sprayer and wet bags that I had to buy) will pay for themselves in about 6 months and then I will never have to buy diapers again. If you are curious about them, please feel free to ask. I researched cloth diapers for weeks before deciding on these. I even give free demonstrations if you ask nicely :)
Love that she found her feet! It's amazing how flexible they can be!!
ReplyDeleteGreat review! I'm impressed with the cloth diapers! I would have thought the opposite of how they handle poo.
Brad is out of town for a few days. Let me know if you have a free night and we'll come to HH for dinner with you!
You will be rid of the carseat before she is 1 anyway. I bought the keyfit 30 and we stopped using it at 7 months. My little one didn't want to lay down anymore. Since we moved her to her Britax Roundabout she looks out the window and has a blast talking to her brothers.
ReplyDelete