Today she also did a few cute things... I've been saying "up" and raising her arms whenever I pick her up out of her carseat, off the floor, out of the jumperoo or bouncer, etc. Well, yesterday and today she "asked" to be lifted up by raising her arms. She also started raising her arms when I say "up". It is so cute!
She also woke me up today by talking to herself in her crib. Since she is my alarm clock (and I love that my alarm clock goes off after 8...), I usually listen to her over the monitor for a few minutes before I go in to get her. She was making her usual random noises when all of a sudden she said "mama!" I knew it was coming because she'd been saying "mmmmmmm" and "maaaaaaaaaaaaa" for a while, but she hadn't put it together yet. Now we are working on "dada".
I still nurse her 5 times a day. In addition, at 12:30 she gets a heaping tablespoon of cereal mixed with milk. She's been eating this for about a month and is so used to her routine that she gets fussy at 12:25 if she isn't in her highchair watching me fix the cereal! Last week I added a dinner "meal" around 6. She has sampled avocado and peas and loves them both. I am trying to decide what to serve next... perhaps sweet potatoes?
Also, for those of you who are dying to know how my cloth diapers are working out... I've had ZERO blowouts in the last month! I have had a handful of leaks but it has been due to my error (letting her go too long between changes or not making sure that the pad was completely inside the shell). Her infant carseat cover is still clean from the last time I washed it :) It hasn't been nearly as much work as I anticipated.
Now, for those of you who didn't comment on the cute or ugly post, you have one more chance to convince me that I am crazy... it is latched in the car and ready to go for tomorrow! It was very easy to install and fits well rear-facing in the center seat of the Camry. It is a large seat so it will be a tight squeeze whenever it is next to the infant carrier, but it will fit (I tried it myself just to make sure). I will leave you with a cute picture of my big girl in her big girl carseat.
ok... definitely cute, now that I've had a chance to get use to it, and she looks absolutely adorable sitting in it :-)
ReplyDeleteThe carseat is adorable. I think if it didn't have the black on the sides, it might be a little much, but a little cowprint is fun!
ReplyDeleteElise is one of the happiest babies I know. Such a sweetie!