Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chugging along...

Well we are now 12 days into the deployment... the good news is that Kuwait has wireless internet! Mike bought a one-week pass to test it out on his new laptop so that we could use the webcams both ways. We got to see him last night... I was so excited that I woke Elise up to come see her daddy. It was great to see how happy he looked when he saw his daughter.

Ever since I got her laugh on video last week I've been experimenting with how to make her giggle. One of her first "words" is "abu" (the monkey from Aladdin... she's so smart!). Anyway, today I was facing her and I just said "abu" and she started laughing hysterically... then we just laughed back and forth at each other. Of course the video camera was out of reach... and by the time it was ready, I wasn't funny anymore.

One way I pass the time is by taking pictures. I just got a new camera last week and Elise has been the guinea pig. Here are some recent ones:






1 comment: