Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here goes nothing...

We are going to throw away all of our diapers tomorrow morning and start day 1 of potty training! I am super excited and cautiously optimistic. Elise is showing a lot of signs that she is ready to potty train (aside from the obvious one, which would be actually using the potty, ha). She goes several hours between peeing, accurately answers the "Is your diaper dry?" question, wants a new diaper right after soiling the current one, and didn't want to put a diaper back on after I let her try on some panties the other day. She actually woke up the other day saying "My diaper is dry!" In fact, it wasn't, but she hadn't peed since she woke up and did so a few minutes after putting a new diaper on (and then asked for a new one).

We've stocked up on a new potty seat that goes over the big potty, a new stool for the potty, a bunch of new panties, some disposable potty covers for public toilets, and extra paper towels for cleaning up accidents. I'm going to follow the method from this program that was recommended by my friend Jenn, who just potty trained her daughter last weekend. Thanks, Jenn and Aubrey! I hope we have as much success as you did!



3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you girls these next few days. When Nate got home after day 1 he said I looked very frazzled! I felt SO rewarded by the end of the three days, I have some great and grose memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Elise! Best of luck! This is really exciting. I will have to read about the program you're using.

    ReplyDelete