Sunday, March 20, 2011

32 weeks

I had an appointment on Friday and it went well. I've started feeling lightheaded and shaky more often (though not nearly as bad as it was with Elise) but all of my numbers look good, so I will just have to ride it out. The doctor thinks it is caused by my body not producing blood fast enough to keep up with Jack's rapid growth at this stage. This is exactly what Dr. Fothergill told me during my pregnancy with Elise. Hopefully it will get better in a few weeks. Anyway, I'm just thankful that it doesn't happen as often this time!

At almost 32 weeks, my fundal height measured 29 weeks, which was up from my last appointment but still small. The doctor says that as long as the fluid level and baby size are good, then it isn't a big deal...the measurement is likely off because I am carrying lower this time. They did an ultrasound to check and everything looks great. Jack measured almost 33 weeks and my amniotic fluid level was 13 cm. The fluid level isn't considered low unless it is under 5 cm. I got the impression that they will do a few more ultrasounds as we go just to monitor this. It is fun to see the little guy moving around! This time he kept sticking out his tongue. His head is down and his butt is under my ribs on my left side, just like I thought. I gained about 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks, which puts me at +11 from prepregnancy weight (or +19 from my lowest weight at 16 weeks pregnant).

This picture didn't turn out too well because of the shadow on the wall and the black shirt, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment