At the appointment, I also had the dreaded glucose tolerance test, which basically starts your day off with a jolt of sugar and then leaves you feeling terrible the rest of the day. My blood sugar level was 141, and to pass the test you have to get 140 or under. If it is 200 or over you are automatically diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and if it is between 140-200, you have to take another test to check everything again. So, basically I have to go back and take a longer test next week to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I think my high sugar level might have something to do with the Dr. Pepper, chocolate milkshake, and large cookie that were consumed on our drive from Texas to Alabama the day before the appointment, haha. When you are driving that far with a toddler and a dog, you gotta do what you gotta do :)
Here is my 24 week picture, taken after my brother's wedding last weekend. Elise was a flower girl and did a great job! I'll post more pictures another time.
Steph, you look great! Sorry about the glucose test...one point!! It was great to see you while you were in Texas...can't wait to see pictures of your cutie flower girl!
ReplyDelete