Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patrick's Day 5K

Today Elise and I ran our first 5K together. The course involved a bunch of hills, so I am hoping to take credit for burning twice as many calories since I pushed her the whole way :)

A bunch of our friends ran the race as well. Several of us ran it in 2007 during the first deployment (before we all had kids!)

It was tough weaving in and out of the other runners (and around the walkers who didn't start at the back of the pack) for probably the first 1/2 mile. Here we are ready to start. Elise got a little restless while we were waiting since the race began about 15 minutes late. She is enjoying a rice cracker in the stroller.


Erin, Sarah, John, Elise, me, Kami, and Austin after the race

John and Elise playing after the race


I have to confess that I cheated on my sugar detox this week. I enjoyed a delicious frappuccino on Wednesday and another one this morning after the race :) I don't feel bad about it at all because I am not craving sugar like I was a few weeks ago. I have also worked out 12 of the last 13 days. I am in a really good rhythm right now and I enjoy it immensely. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment