Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gog gog

Well, folks, we have some more cute things going on in the Powell household. Yesterday, I asked Elise to point to the dog in her favorite book. She pointed to it and said "woof". I was confused until she said "woof" again a few seconds later. Then she said "bah-ha" and pointed to Boss. It seems that she does in fact know that Boss is a dog and he says "woof". Later, I asked her to say "dog" and she said "bah-ha". Of course, she clammed up when I got the video camera out. I am pretty sure I hear "bah-ha" at least 100 times a day. She says it when he barks, when she sees him, and when she hears him.

Today we went to the park. As she started to climb up the play gym, she saw a lady walking two dogs. She immediately backed away from the play gym and starts "running" to the lady, pointing and saying "gog gog gog gog". She understands "Can you say ____?" and will usually make an attempt at the word. This is a new thing.

At almost 13.5 months, her personality traits are really emerging. It is neat to see her interact with other kids. Elise is very social and loves playing with her friends, though it usually seems like she is more involved than they would like. I think "aggressive" sums it up, hehe. She doesn't respect personal space and is constantly wanting to pet her friends and touch their faces and sometimes (gasp!) push them, but in a nice way. She hands them toys and takes toys away. She smiles at them and talks to them.

I probably already blogged about this, but you'll get it again anyway. Mike and I decided about a month ago that we have a strong-willed child on our hands. I told my mom about our conclusion and her response? A smile and "Hmm, I wonder who she gets that from...". Apparently my brother was the easy-going baby. Elise knows what she wants and lets you know what she wants and doesn't like to wait. She gets a lot of satisfaction out of communicating with me and giggles when she is successful. The giggle usually comes with food, drink, books, opening doors, or going outside.

Thankfully she is almost over her cold. She still has the occasional cough and a little runny nose, but I am hopeful that we will be able to go to church tomorrow. It has been a really busy week for us as I am swamped with lots of FRG (Army) stuff to do. I don't even want to know the number of hours that I have spent on this in the last 2 weeks (and it won't be over any time soon). Time to retreat to my little FRG hole. What a fun Saturday night :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Reminds me of when you used to say "gick gick gick" for 'stick':-). Now if you could just teach her to say 'Mimi'... ;-)

    ReplyDelete