Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend we went to Austin... twice! Mike's dad hosted a benefit golf tournament on Saturday so daddy got to play golf and Elise got her first trip to the golf course! She was very impressed with everything...


... but she woke up once daddy finished playing. Mike has been playing since he was about 5 years old and I'm sure Elise will be at the driving range as soon as she can reasonably control a kid-size golf club.



On Sunday, I drove back to Austin to run in the Capitol 10000. I signed up for it a long time ago thinking that it would be great motivation for me to start running again after I had Elise. Well, the day drew nearer and nearer and I was still not ready for it... but I ran it anyway, ugh. At least the weather was beautiful.


After I got back we had fun making Elise smile... here is a cute picture of her smiling at Mike. Notice that she has different pants than in the previous picture... you can guess what might have happened.


We are so proud of our little baby... she ended the weekend by sleeping from 8:30 pm to 7:30 am... way to go sweetheart!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, hello!!! I'm so glad you are blogging. It will be fun to see Miss Elise more than once a week...and you and Mike, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see you're blogging so I can see sweet pics of Elise. I LOVED your baby announcement. let's be blogger friends: www.joshandjamiewomack.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Steph! So glad to see you started your blog. I love having the opportunity to read about how things are going, and this is the forum to dive into all those fun parenting and/or life details that can't quite be captured via FB status. :) Hope you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete