#1. She was born on January 23, 2009 (6 days late) at 7:04 am after 36 very long hours of labor. It took 4 trips to the hospital and 24 hours filled with contractions 3 minutes apart before I was finally dilated 4 cm and admitted. I decided sometime during those 24 hours to get the epidural... and it was wonderful until I had to start pushing! She weighed 9 pounds and was 20.75 inches long. To the right is her proud daddy holding her a few minutes after she was born.
#2. She is a GREAT sleeper. She started averaging 8 hours at night when she was 5 weeks old and now sleeps 10 hours at night! She usually goes to sleep around 9:30-10 and wakes up around 7:30-8.
#3. She loves to smile! This morning when she woke up this morning I got the sweetest grin from her in the crib. I tried to capture it on camera but she quickly decided that it was time to eat. It is so much fun to make her smile.
#4. She also loves to eat! I am still breastfeeding and she's adapted a pretty consistent 3-hour schedule during the day. She eats around 7:30, 10:30, 1:30 and 4:30 during the day, and then wants to eat about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours until she goes to sleep. Can you tell that she loves to eat?
#5. Her favorite toy is the Baby Einstein Seek and Discover Activity Gym. She will play on it for several hours every day and it makes her so happy! She grins and coos and does aerobics.
1 month old:
#6. She loves to play on her changing table. I don't know if she associates it with feeling clean, trying on new clothes, or if she just likes the mirror on the wall. It definitely calms her down if she is fussy. She instantly perks up and starts smiling and talking to herself. It is a good thing she likes it because we spend a big part of our day on it :)
#7. What goes in (see #4) must come out (see #6). Previous diaper history: She was too big for the newborn diapers and fit into the size 1's until she was a month old. We struggled for a few days between sizes and settled into the size 2's. Last weekend she started to outgrow her size 2 diapers. This wouldn't have been a problem except for the fact that poop leaked out of the back of the diaper in the car seat on the way to Austin AND the way back! I decided to give
#8. She loves her daddy :) It is so cute to see Mike with his little girl... He is already wrapped around her little finger :)
#9. Well, it has been 3 days since I started the draft of this post and I think I need to just publish it. Here are some cute newborn pictures taken when Elise was 8 days old by our wonderful photographer, Jessica Strom.







yeah! welcome to the world of blogging!!
ReplyDeleteyeah-so glad u have a blog. Elise looks so much bigger from 1 month to 2 months! love the picture of Mike holding her and watching the office!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Stephanie! Elise is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteNatalie
Mike, you have great taste in TV shows. Is it too soon to start Elise on 24?
ReplyDeleteSteph! Elise is just TOO cute for words! I can't wait to see her in person! How soon can we start her on piano lessons? ;-D
ReplyDelete