9 weeks (on our 4th anniversary)
SO tired... the last few weeks of school were brutal!
this was a few days before we told our families...
SO tired... the last few weeks of school were brutal!
this was a few days before we told our families...

13 weeks
had "evening sickness" from 10-16 weeks...
so thankful for summer because i was the queen of naps :)
had "evening sickness" from 10-16 weeks...
so thankful for summer because i was the queen of naps :)

18 weeks
started to feel better... first felt her move at 15.5 weeks
found out it was "probably" a girl... :)
started to feel better... first felt her move at 15.5 weeks
found out it was "probably" a girl... :)

22 weeks
regular pants were too tight (the bella band was awesome!) but maternity pants were too big so basically i just felt fat :)
regular pants were too tight (the bella band was awesome!) but maternity pants were too big so basically i just felt fat :)

26 weeks
maternity pants /stretchy skirts for sure... i LOVED the ones from ann taylor loft :)
stopped running a week or so after this picture
maternity pants /stretchy skirts for sure... i LOVED the ones from ann taylor loft :)
stopped running a week or so after this picture

30 weeks
felt dizzy/lightheaded to the point that we made a trip to L&D and i started working every other day at school
wore maternity tops nearly every day... loved the ones from gap and ATL

35 weeks
Brigade Christmas Ball
almost done working... finally started to feel good again (unless i was sitting down... so uncomfortable)... still the queen of naps :)
the doctor started telling me that elise was completely out of room... really... must explain why i was being kicked in the ribs and bladder at the same time
felt dizzy/lightheaded to the point that we made a trip to L&D and i started working every other day at school
wore maternity tops nearly every day... loved the ones from gap and ATL

35 weeks
Brigade Christmas Ball
almost done working... finally started to feel good again (unless i was sitting down... so uncomfortable)... still the queen of naps :)
the doctor started telling me that elise was completely out of room... really... must explain why i was being kicked in the ribs and bladder at the same time


39 weeks
no idea that she wanted to wait 2 more weeks to arrive! i think we averaged walking 3-4 miles a day during the last month trying to get her to come out

40 weeks (due date)
ugh... need i say more...
thankfully i slept great up until the day i went into labor
looking at this picture, it is hard to imagine that she actually fit inside my tummy!
ugh... need i say more...
thankfully i slept great up until the day i went into labor
looking at this picture, it is hard to imagine that she actually fit inside my tummy!

one week postpartum... exhausted from the first week of being a mommy but SO glad to not be pregnant anymore :)

Bottom line... I love the result of being pregnant but I did not love being pregnant... though I would like to do it again someday. Anyone else feel the same way?
Can I come back and answer late July? Right now I am still enjoying it, but bring on the July heat and humidity, and I might change my mind!
ReplyDeleteOh yes! The only part I like about pregnancy is a clear complexion and feeling the baby move. I'd have 100 children (well, maybe not) if I didn't have to be pregnant!
ReplyDeleteNatalie B.
I loved, loved, loved being pregnant!! There were definite moments that I'd like to forget...the cankles for TEN weeks with Mallory...the spider veins from Morgan. But, the experience as a whole is wonderful to me! My favorite time is 6-7ish months.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing in the post partum picture!! My favorite preggo pic is the Christmas ball for sure. Beautiful!