Wow, it seems like the last 2 months have lasted forever! We are SO excited about Baby #3 and can't wait to meet him or her in the fall. I haven't had any panic moments about the idea of actually having 3 kids, yet :) I mean, we figure that daily life can't get much busier, so why not squeeze another kid to the mix? We love how much E and J enjoy playing together and can't wait to see them with their baby brother or sister.
 |
| Baby at 7.5 weeks |
So far, the pregnancy has been pretty similar to my first two. I'm almost 14 weeks now and the nausea is just starting to subside as of this week. I definitely have my queasy moments, but they seem fewer and farther between. We found out about baby at 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant (crazy that you can find out this early!) on February 18, and by a week later, I was already experiencing nausea. The worst was from 5-7 weeks, and like I said before, it is still hanging out but is much more manageable. These days, I usually feel pretty good in the morning and early afternoon, so that's when I try to sneak in a workout and plan an outing with the kids. Between food aversions and the nausea, cooking dinner (and having energy for two kids!) has been a challenge. The worst has definitely passed, and I expect to feel much better in a few weeks. The nausea phase ended around 15-16 weeks with E and J. Some foods that I've eaten a lot include greek yogurt, fruit (we make a lot of smoothies!), bagels, cheese and avocado sandwich, breakfast sandwich, and soup. I'm having a tough time even thinking about spinach and chicken these days. Early pregnancy is probably the only time in my life that I ever have an aversion to desserts.
So now for the pictures... I can't believe how quickly my belly has popped out this time. It's been there, even on an empty stomach in the mornings, for several weeks now. I think I look a lot like this p
icture from 20 weeks with Jack! Absolutely crazy. The weirdest part is that I'm still down a few pounds from all the nausea and actually weigh less than I ever have while pregnant. Somehow my pants still button comfortably underneath the belly that isn't even from the baby?! I guess this is what happens the third time around. I'm still able to run and work out (love the 30 Day Shred workouts) comfortably, though I stopped doing any exercises on my back this week. My next appointment is on Monday and then we will schedule the big ultrasound. Happy 13+ weeks, baby!
 |
| 13 weeks in the morning |
 |
| 13 weeks and bigger in the evening! |
can't wait to meet baby #3! You look amazing, btw :-)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Steph!!!
ReplyDelete