Stats: Jack is approximately 30 inches tall and weighs about 20 lbs. His 1 year check up is next week and I'll come back and post his actual stats. He has 8 teeth now (4 on top, 4 on bottom) and has been a very easy teether. His size 4.5 shoes fit but his feet have definitely grown since I bought them last month.
Sleeping: Jack is still a great sleeper. He sleeps about 12 hours at night (7:30 - 7:30) and takes about 3.5 hours worth of naps per day (1 hour in the morning, 2.5 in the afternoon).
Eating: We are still nursing 5 times a day but I'm planning to drop the late afternoon feeding pretty soon. He eats 3 meals a day and his favorite foods are meat, cheese, beans, yogurt, and sweet potatoes. Jack is still funny about picking up fruits and vegetables to eat. Occasionally, he will eat a few bites of fruit from a fork, but he usually spits it out. He is getting a little more adventurous. He still eats pureed fruits/veggies every day in his Sili Squeeze (as does his sister) and gets super excited when he sees it. He did love his birthday cupcake (pictures to come).
Playing: Jack is still a busy, busy little boy. He isn't walking on his own yet, but he will take 3-4 steps if we initiate walking practice. He spends a good portion of his day on his feet, either standing and playing with toys (sometimes holding on with one hand and sometimes standing alone) or cruising around from furniture to the walls to toys, etc. He is a super fast crawler and loves to be chased around the room. He ESPECIALLY loves to be chased when he sees a diaper or clothes in my hand. He automatically crawls as far away from me as fast as possible, giggling the whole way. He adores his big sister and would be happy playing with just her for a very long time.
For his birthday, he got Elise's old Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home and he LOVES it. He is still very interested in musical things and will press the radio buttons on the house and just dance and dance. He likes to push his walkers around and push cars on the floor. Elise picked out a dump truck for his birthday present and he immediately knew what to do with it. He also loves climbing stairs, playing in the bath tub, closing the baby gates, and playing with the house and kitchen in the play room. The B Parum Pum drum and instrument set is still a huge hit.
Learning: Jack has added several new words this month, bringing the total to around 15. He started saying "Ma" for me and "Da/Dada/Daddy" for Mike. Here is an approximate list (and I don't want to give the wrong impression here... he doesn't use all of these all the time, and some he uses more than others): ma, da (or dada or daddy), eese, keys, chicken, cheese, socks, slide, boss, dog, drink, book, cracker, duck. I am also pretty sure that he says Jack, outside (si si), ball, car, and probably a few others.
He signs "please" for certain things, like to get in the bath tub or go on the slide, or occasionally for some food, but he doesn't really use the other signs any more. I need to be consistent about doing them again. He understands a lot of basic commands and certainly understands when we don't want him to touch something, but sometimes he does it anyway :)
Cute stories: Before he started saying "Da/Dada" regularly, we were looking at a family picture on the wall and naming the people. When I pointed to Mike, Jack signed "please", and then pointed to him and signed it again. He wanted to see Daddy, who was at school.
A similar thing happened a few days later, when we were naming people and before I could say Elise's name, he said "Eese!"
When I change his diaper, I'm always trying to distract him so that he will stay in one spot. Sometimes it works to play "Where's Jack?" and when I say that, he gets a big smile on his face, giggles, and hits his chest with his hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment