I wrote this last week and delayed posting it because I wanted to upload some photos, but I still haven't gotten around to that, so I'm just going to post this anyway :) We are in Baltimore, things are going well, and I will post again soon, I promise! By the way, I think I could live in Maryland for every August for the rest of my life and be happy.
From last week:
The little man is already 3 months old! I don't think I got around to posting his 2 month stats. He was 11 lbs, 14 oz and 23 inches, which are both around the 50th percentile. His head was in the 75th percentile. Now he is around 24 1/4 inches and 13ish pounds. He looks so much different than Elise did at this age. Here is a post when she was 3ish months old.
He is on a very predictable schedule when we are staying around the house. When we go out during his morning nap time, he usually won't take a full nap, but he will often make up for it during the 3rd nap of the day (which is always at home because it is during Elise's nap). His feeding times usually don't vary more than 10-15 minutes from these times, which makes it very easy to plan the day. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to feed him. We are still using cloth diapers and they work very well. He sleeps in his crib at home and has slept well in pack and plays since we have been in Texas. I still swaddle him with the miracle blanket and I give him a pacifier (started this around 2 months old). I bounce him for a minute or so and then lay him down awake but drowsy. Sometimes he wakes up at the 45 minute mark and if I give him the paci, he will go back to sleep. He went through a 3 day growth spurt at 11.5 weeks.
7:00-7:30 - wake, nurse
8:30 - nap #1
10:00 - wake, nurse
11:30 - nap #2
1:00 - wake, nurse
2:30 - nap #3
4:00 - wake, nurse
5:15ish - power nap (30-45 minutes)
6:30 - nurse
7:00 - bed
5:00ish - eat
This schedule works well for me because I usually get Elise down for her nap before he wakes up and is ready to eat, and then I can play with him and put him in bed before she wakes up so that I've got some one-on-one time with both of them.
He usually eats around 5 am, but even if he wakes up earlier, he will still wake up for real at 7-7:30. He made it to 6 am once this week (11 hours!), and hopefully there will be more of that soon. I could consider getting up for the day after the 6 am feeding and I wouldn't feel like a zombie :) I am SO careful about letting him make much noise while Elise is sleeping, so he doesn't get much of a chance at fussing to put himself back to sleep unless she is awake.
He started rolling over from tummy to back this month (11.5 weeks). He doesn't do it every time I put him on his tummy, but he has done it at least 5 times. His tummy time improved overnight... I was not expecting him to roll over any time soon. He also likes to "sit" and "stand" and I think he will love the Bumbo when we get to Baltimore. He flirts and smiles and giggles and seems to enjoy his big sister's attention (aside from when she decides he needs to roll over and helps him, haha). He is a good nurser but a reluctant bottle-taker. I'm not sure why...we didn't wait too long before offering the bottle. He will drink out of it but he likes to play with it more than anything else. The most he has ever taken is 2.5 ounces, but he usually won't take more than 1-1.5. At less than 3 months old (we know this because it was before Mike deployed in 2009), Elise would take an 8 ounce bottle before bed and down the whole thing. Maybe this is why she was sleeping 12 hours so quickly? Isn't that crazy? I even tried a new brand of bottle this month. So, I'm still pumping once right before I go to bed to freeze, but I haven't used much of it.
He enjoys playing on the activity mat, chilling in the bouncer, chewing on his hands, drooling, and flirting with anyone who will smile at him. He likes being carried in the Beco and riding like a big boy in the stroller. If he gets too hot in his car seat, he gets cranky, but he's usually a good car traveler as well.
I think it is so interesting to look at the differences between the kiddos. They've each won several "awards" covering the first months of life, haha. We are so thankful to have had two easy babies.
Elise: First to sleep 12 straight hours, Most likely to drink a lot from a bottle, Most likely to have a blowout diaper (though in her defense, she was in disposables at this age), Easiest to burp
Jack: First to laugh, First to roll over, Most likely to nurse quickly
Tie: Most likely to need an outfit change due to drool or spit-up
Happy 3 months, sweet baby Jack! We are so thankful for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment