I promised a few videos and finally got some uploaded and edited for all 3 of you who are interested in them :) There are also some funny comments at the end of the post.
This one is from yesterday... she surprised us by knowing the Bible verse of the month from Sunday School. We talked about it a little bit last Sunday after church (a week ago) but she never repeated it or anything. Mike and I have been trying to teach this to our class of 3 year olds (all boys), so yesterday, just for grins, I asked her if she knew what John 15:12 said, and started it with "Love..." and you'll see the rest. I was shocked!
John 15:12 from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
This is from last week. I think she has a good idea now of what it might be like to have Baby Jack around! She asks about him or talks about him almost every day when she wakes up from her nap. This is the dialogue that sent me running to get the video camera...
E: (finds a diaper of Jack's in the dresser in his room)
E: "This is Baby Jack's diaper."
E: (opens it up and squats down to put it on the floor)
E: "Come here, Baby Jack! We need to change your diaper. It's DIRty."
E: "I will change you on the floor. Come here, Baby Jack!"
E: (goes into her room and reaches up to put the diaper on the changing pad)
E: "Come here, Baby Jack! I will change you on the changing table."
(this is where the video picks up)
Changing Baby Jack's diaper from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
This is from her early birthday party on New Year's Eve with her grandparents... just a funny comment while opening some presents.
Opening fun presents from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
These two are excerpts from a hilarious video that I took while driving home from the airport after we went to see Laura and Braden in early December. They both make me laugh. Actually, the whole video makes me laugh, but I am sparing you the pain of a 6 minute video and just giving you two clips. It is amazing how much her sentence structure and pronunciation have improved in the last 2.5 months.
It's a boy... or a peacock? from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
Going home to poop from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.
Here are some more funny comments from this week.
(we were going for a walk and about to turn on our street, which is called Michael St...)
E: "This is our street!"
Mike: "What street do we live on?"
E: "The Michael one!"
(after I woke Elise up from her nap)
E: "Did I wake up?"
Me: "Would you like a few more Cheerios?"
E: "No." (pause) "I would like a lot more Cheerios, Mommy!"
A few other updates... Time out in her room is continuing to work well, as is waking her up by 3 from her nap. She is now getting up between 7:30 and 8 again instead of earlier. We had our first babysitter during bedtime last night and Elise did very well. Have a great week!
Hello-
ReplyDeleteI recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.
I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com