
I can't believe that I'm already 15 weeks! Time has passed so quickly over the last month and we are really looking forward to getting settled in Alabama. We close on our house on Monday and then start driving on Tuesday. Please pray that Elise is a good car traveler! We bought a car case for our portable DVD player and I ordered several Sesame Street/Elmo DVDs to take along for the ride. We've stocked up on raisins, squeezy packs, yogurt bites, and crackers. The next time I post will be from our new house!
I've still been feeling queasy in the evenings but I've gained a few pounds back over the last 3 weeks. I'm about 6 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, but the belly is definitely getting bigger. The queasiness lasted until about 16 weeks with Elise, so I am hoping that I'll be feeling good all (or at least most) of the time pretty soon. I still get tired, but I can make it through the day without needing or wanting a nap (most of the time, anyway). I do like to go to sleep by 9 :) I've been running 2-3 miles a few times a week and I hope to continue that for a few more months.
My next appointment is on Monday at Fort Hood and then I'll only have 2 weeks until the big ultrasound appointment on November 29 in Alabama. I'm expecting to feel the baby move pretty soon because I started feeling Elise around 15.5 weeks.
Elise has been saying some really funny things in the last few months. We forgot to mention in the 21 month post that she uses "I" and "my" very well in sentences. She also uses present and past tense pretty well, especially if the two sentences are back to back (like "Mama go get ___" and then followed by "Mama got ____!". She also says "Elise" much more clearly than she has ever said it before (she used to refer to herself as "Eeese"). She basically narrates her day in sentences. Here are some things that I've written down over the last month or so.
If we ask her "What are you going to be?", she will respond with "Big sister!" unless she feels like she is being forced to perform. I was especially impressed with her response to the following question because it had never been asked in this form...
Me: (putting on her big sis shirt) "Who is going to be a big sis?"
Elise: "I be big sis!"
Me: (a few minutes later) "Who is going to be a big sis?"
Elise: "Elise!"
The other day, Mike and I were sitting on the couch with her and she wanted to press the buttons on the computer while we were trying to look something up.
Me to Mike: "Maybe we should get her a computer sometime soon."
Elise: "Buy Elise computer!"
A month or so ago, she was sitting in her car seat and holding her purses with her right hand. Her music (the Baby Einstein Takealong Tunes) was stuck between her right leg and the side of the car seat (under the purses). She was getting very upset and asking for help because "music stuck!" Her left arm couldn't reach all the way across the car seat and get a good grip on it. We couldn't help but laugh at her predicament.
Elise: "Music stuck!"
Mike: "Put your purses in your left hand so that you can reach the music with your right hand."
Elise: (does what daddy suggested) "Elise did it!" (big smile and holds the music up) "I got it!"
Earlier this week, Elise spent the night with my parents. She woke up and talked happily for 20-30 minutes and then my mom decided to go get her up. As she got to Elise's door, she heard a little voice singing "Row row row your boat, gently down the stream....". The funny thing is that no one I've talked to regularly sings this song with her. I don't think I have ever sung it to her. I think she might have learned it at church (along with Ring Around the Rosy).
She loves to point out airplanes, helicopters, etc. When she sees one of these things, the conversation goes like this...
Elise: "I see airplane!"
Me: "Where is it?"
Elise: (pointing) "Over there!"
Me: "Where is it going?"
Elise: "Airport!" "Bye bye, airplane!"
If the conversation is about a helicopter, she usually throws in something like "Daddy flies helicopters!" The girl is going to LOVE living at Fort Rucker because she'll see helicopters all the time because of all the flight school students.
She loves to go to HEB. If we are out of a common food item at home and she wants some, I'll tell her that we will get it next time we go to HEB. Well, she doesn't let me forget, even if it has been a few days. When I am making my list, I'll ask her what we need to get at HEB and she will rattle off the specific things that we've mentioned that we need to buy.
That's all I can remember for right now. Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment