Sunday, October 31, 2010

Surprise surprise!

Elise is going to be a big "tister"!
*Sorry, this post is way out of order but if I try to cut stuff and paste it in a new location, it disappears... weird. I uploaded all the pictures last week and I don't have time to edit it so I'm just going to post it like this. Maybe I'll go back and fix it later, maybe not :)
11ish (edited: 12 weeks) weeks at our photo shoot with Melody Clampet (www.melodycphotography.com)







9 weeks with Elise (at starting weight)


9ish (edited: actually 10 weeks) weeks with baby #2 (Yes, I am a nerd and put on the same outfit to take this picture! I had lost 5 lbs at this point. Belly is already protruding (albeit slightly)!)


Positive test!


Pics from the "You're going to be a big sister!" day (late August)!




"When are you due?"

I am 12ish weeks pregnant and we are guessing that my due date will be in the second week of May. The Army does not schedule initial ultrasounds to date a pregnancy, but with a little begging, I am scheduled for an NT scan on November 8 that should result in a pretty accurate due date. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat last week at my first appointment and it ranged from 170-179 beats per minute.

"How are you feeling?"

The first trimester has been rough! It is very hard being nauseous and tired while chasing an active toddler around. The nausea was constant from 6-8 weeks and since then, it comes and goes and is generally worse in the evening. I don't have any long-standing aversions (except for nutella, graham crackers, and frappuccinos, yuck!) but I generally have a hard time figuring out what I can/want to eat. Something that was delicious a few days ago is all of a sudden disgusting, and vice versa. After the really bad nausea passed, I was able to continue running a few times a week. Yesterday was the first day that I felt pretty good all day long, so hopefully that will continue!


"Have you gained any weight yet?"

I actually started this pregnancy at the same weight as my pregnancy with Elise. Thanks to the nausea, I've lost about 8 pounds, but I am not sure where it has come off from! My lower abdomen is definitely rounding out but I can still comfortably wear (and button!) all of my jeans. We'll see how long that lasts! Ha! I will take another picture at 13 weeks/3 months.

"Who made Elise's adorable shirt?"

I asked my friend Shannon over at Jelby's to make this for a friend of mine... and when she finished it and gave it to me, I knew that I had to keep it for Elise to wear. Sneaky, I know :) Hopefully it still fits her in May!

"Where did you get the pregnancy test from?"

Ok, so this is kind of weird but I think it might benefit some of you so I want to pass along a little secret! You can buy really cheap pregnancy tests online from amazon.com... and they work BETTER than the more expensive tests that you buy in a store! I ordered a bunch of them and tested randomly in the afternoon one day because I was feeling "weird". I was planning to wait a few more days before taking a test. Well, the cheap strip (that you dip in a cup) showed a definite positive. Just to make sure, I ran out and bought a box of First Response Early Result tests from Walmart and stuck it in the same cup and it was negative. So, if you are trying to get pregnant, save yourself some money and order the cheap tests online! If you really want to know the specific brand I used, I can probably look it up for you.

The next two weeks are jam-packed with visiting grad schools, packing, moving, and celebrating Thanksgiving early with our families. I am very thankful that I am feeling better and should actually enjoy eating at our upcoming Thanksgiving dinners. I will try to check in once with a 13 week picture and an ultrasound picture from the NT scan. Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah yeah!! So happy for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Congrats to your sweet family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a double take in those last pictures...I was thinking "Wait! That was supposed to be for a friend...did she know that early?!" Ha! You are a sneaky one, Steph:)

    Congrats again! I'm just sad you'll be so far away when we're due so close together:(

    Yay for feeling better, though! Praying it continues for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for you, Steph!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Steph! That's so awesome. We have loved every bit of having two babies at home, Elise will be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete