Friday, April 2, 2010

Uh oh and please

Elise started doing a really cute thing earlier this week. When she wants something, she says "pee!" and does the please sign (she moves her hand over her heart). Most of the time, I don't even prompt her to do this. She just knows when the appropriate moment arises, which is usually when she wants something to eat or drink, wants me to open a door, wants me to help her up so that she can sit on a chair or couch, or sees something else that she wants but can't reach. This definitely happens in the grocery store when she sees a ball, balloon, bananas, stuffed animal, etc. I have been known to say "that's Walmart's ball" or "that balloon is for HEB" and she accepts it and moves on with life. She understands her boundaries very well and doesn't make a fuss about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the future. She even walks up to the refrigerator and says please when she is hungry. I haven't been good about taking videos lately since Mike can't download them and I can't mail him anything (because he is coming home soon, yay!) but I did take one today. I inadvertently captured a "discipline" moment and a please moment all in the same video! The "uh oh" comes from Love and Logic for Early Childhood.

Uh oh and please from Stephanie Powell on Vimeo.




3 comments:

  1. Steph I am VERY impressed how quickly and how much of a reaction "uh oh" got. I am going to have to read that book, we are almost to that stage! Elise is one smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Precious. :) And glad Mike is coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! "Uh oh" worked so well! And that is a much more positive way than "get out of there!" So much nicer! :) I am going to have to get that book! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete