Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby girl clothes

Mike's flight home has been delayed until Monday night at the earliest. There has not been a reasonable explanation given for this round of delays. Hopefully we'll hear some good information soon. In the meantime, I am doing some spring cleaning.

I must admit that I love, love, love buying clothes for Elise. It will be a sad day when she wants to pick out her own clothes to buy, haha. As a result of this, the deployment, and my 90th percentile daughter, I have some clothes that I bought last summer (for this summer) that are brand new and don't fit. I was going to just post this on craigslist but I decided to go ahead and blog about it in case any of you are interested.

I buy almost all of Elise's clothes at babyGap, so I don't know how to compare them to other brands. If you haven't discovered Gap's adjustable waist skirts, shorts, and pants, you must go there! She has all 3T and 4T skirts and shorts and I am positive that they will also fit her next year. Anyway, Elise has a long torso and is still pretty "thick" all over. She can fit in some 18-24 month dresses but has mostly moved into size 2 for dresses and tops. I'm not sure of her height and weight. I think she is probably close to 26 lbs and 32 inches.

I digress. Here are a few things that I am going to sell. Aside from the aqua dress, I'm guessing that I paid around 50% of the original price on these things and I'm not trying to make money on them.


Left: Aqua babyGap dress size 2 years, $15 (I bought this dress 2 months ago and Elise wore it once for pictures. Sadly, it is too small in the chest but I love it so much that I ordered a size 3 when it went on sale. It is a little wrinkled in this picture from hanging to dry. The color is gorgeous on her fair skin and the detail is really pretty.)
Right: Brown babyGap dress size 18-24 months (brand new with tags), $15. Elise wore this last summer in the 6-12 month size and I loved it so much that I bought it in a bigger size for this year. It buttons up the back. It is too tight in the chest.




Left: Brown flowered babyGap top size 18-24 months, $10 (brand new with tags). It is stretchy through the chest but is almost too short for Elise. She also wore this shirt in the 6-12 month size last summer and it is really cute.
Right: Brown embroidered strappy tank top (brand new with tags), $10. The flower detail is embroidered along the bottom and the colors are really pretty. This is also almost too short for Elise.




Old Navy 18-24 months printed dress, $7. Sorry, I decided after this picture was taken that I'm going to keep the hat. It matches the color of that aqua dress perfectly and Elise has a few other things that will match it. I bought this dress from a friend whose daughter had outgrown it. Unfortunately, it is too small for Elise in the chest. I was really looking forward to her being able to wear it. The colors are gorgeous in person!


Just let me know if you are interested in any of these. I'll probably post them on craigslist on on Thursday or Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would like the printed Old Navy dress for Emma Kate, could you maybe bring it to playgroup tomorrow? I have a hard time with her size because she is so tall and is also all torso! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete