Mike left yesterday to head back to Iraq. He should be back home in about 10-11 weeks, so that is very exciting! We had a fantastic time. This was a perfect 2-week window into life with Elise. She changed so much while he was here! He arrived on January 19, she started walking all the time on January 20 (she had been walking short distances since Christmas), she learned how to squat down, pick something up, and keep walking, she turned 1 on January 23, she learned how to stand herself up without assistance, she learned how to climb in/out of her wagon and rocking chair, etc. Her favorite thing is to walk around the house and carry random objects with her. She also loves to walk to you, give you a hug, and then turn back around and keep exploring. She is my little shadow and will follow me all around the house.
This leaves me wondering what she will be like at 15 months old when he returns. I imagine that her vocabulary will expand a lot, but I don't know what else to expect.
I have a ton of pictures to sort through, and eventually I will get to it, but for now I will just share the link to the sneak peek of our family pictures from January 30. They were taken by Melody Clampet at our house and she did a wonderful job! I am thankful to have found another great photographer after Jessica Strom moved to Kansas. We have so many wonderful memories of Elise's first year that have been captured in photographs. I love it!
Also, if you look at the sneak peek you can see the dress that Elise wore for her first birthday party (brown with colorful flowers). My friend Shannon over at Jelby's made it for her and I just loved how well it turned out! The print is Carnival Bloom and I ordered the fabric online. Elise also has a bib in the same print that I ordered from etsy.com.
Have a good weekend!
Those pics are awesome! Glad you had a good time w/ Mike. Hope the next 11 weeks goes by fast for you. :)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures turned out soooo good! I'm so glad yall had a good time with Mike. Praying for you guys!
ReplyDelete