Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Single stroller recommendation


Okay so I'm really just procrastinating (does anyone like packing?), and I can't find the funny sayings list to finish Elise's next post, so I figured I might as well make a stroller recommendation.  In the last few months, I found the need for a new single stroller.  I've been using the Bumbleride Indie Twin 3-4 times a week (Elise still really likes to ride) and a small Chicco Capri umbrella stroller on times when I just had one kid or didn't need the double (like at the park).  Well, I was using the small stroller a lot at the park and I was frustrated because I couldn't push it well and hold her hand at the same time, and I really wanted a big sunshade and snack tray for Jack, so I started looking for another single stroller.  Here were my criteria:

1)  Large sunshade
2) Snack tray option
3) Small fold since I always have my double in the back of the van
4) Can fit a 3 year old and 1 year old comfortably
5) Can be easily steered with one hand
6) Decent basket, at least big enough to store my purse or Jack's diaper tote underneath   




Well, my friends, I ended up with the Britax B Agile and I LOVE it.  Here is the link on amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Britax-USA-U341783-B-Agile-Stroller/dp/B0050GD2AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338164448&sr=8-1

Here's how it met/exceeded my criteria:
1)  Large sunshade - PERFECT for using outside.  If oriented correctly, Jack's entire body is shielded from the sun 
2) Snack tray option - a little far out for Jack to reach but if I loosen the upper harness straps, he can lean forward and reach the snacks just fine
3) Small fold since I always have my double in the back of the van - I can fold this and put it in the van with one hand (while holding a baby!).  It also locks in place automatically. 
4) Can fit a 3 year old and 1 year old comfortably - Elise fits PERFECTLY in this stroller and is extremely comfortable with room to grow.  The seat is actually wide enough that I could sit in it.  Jack also enjoys riding in it.  He usually ends up leaning to one side, but I think it's by choice :)  The weight limit is 55 lbs.     
5) Can be easily steered with one hand - I can steer with one hand with a 20 lb passenger or a 35 lb passenger.  
6) Decent basket, at least big enough to store my purse or Jack's diaper tote underneath - I can actually store both underneath along with some smaller items.  I also bought the parent console and two Think King stroller hooks since I'm going to travel with it to Texas... this will make it easier to navigate the airport by myself with two kids.  This will also be great to take to Sea World later this month. 

The other stroller I considered was a City Mini by Baby Jogger, which is also a great stroller but the B Agile has it beat in a few key areas (bigger seat and lower foot rest for a bigger child, more user-friendly brake, easier access to basket, has shocks, bigger rear wheels, and a smoother ride).  Happy Stroller Shopping!   



No comments:

Post a Comment